Thursday, June 3, 2010

My last assignment

Well this past Sunday marked my last photography assignment. It went WAY too fast! I just want more!

I was down in Ventura for the long weekend, attending a BBQ with my Sister and her family. So while the kiddos played and the parents socialized and much food was being loaded into holiday hungry bellies, I wandered into the park to take some pictures.

This week we had to shoot completely in manual. No assistance from the camera now!! I went and stood in some trees with pretty red flowers that shed mercilessly. I always wanted to know what I would look like as a redhead ;) So here is what I ended up with.

And here is what Angie had to say:
"Beautiful subject! Love the colors here. Your background looks great too. You managed to keep all of your subject in the shade and avoid any dappled light. The exposure looks great. Don't beat yourself up. I think you did a wonderful job. As far as forcing the flash, the only time I force a flash is usually with people when I'm trying to avoid harsh shadows on their faces when out in the sun. You typically wouldn't do that on flowers and such - just people/humans."

The comments about my background and forcing the flash were responses to questions I had about if my background was over exposed... guess it wasn't!!

Anyway, it was a great class and I learned a lot in a short amount of time. Now on to finish reading my books (now that I know what they are talking about!!).

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment